* Summer (1st September to 30th April ) and winter (1st May to 31st August )
General Terms and Conditions
- By undertaking in an Elephant Activity you realise that the elephants are “Big Five” animals with their own brain and instincts, and as such there are inherent risks associated with such an activity. You understand that Adventures with Elephants will do their level best to ensure your safety and comfort but due to the nature of this activity neither Adventures with Elephants, or its shareholders, management or staff can be held liable for any damage to, or loss of property as well as any injury to, or death of persons. As such you understand that you undertake these activities at your own risk.
- Adventures with Elephants reserve all rights to alter or cancel elephant activities at their discretion and without prior notice, particularly for elephant welfare and client safety and comfort reasons.
- Activity times are approximate and may be shorter or longer than the times stipulated on marketing material.
- Some Elephant Activities are seasonal or affected by the weather therefore bookings are essential to avoid disappointment.
- The elephant activities are mostly suited to all, though Adventures with Elephants reserves the right to alter times and activities to suit clients abilities and needs.
- Safety procedures are explained in detail. It is compulsory to sign the AWE indemnity before partaking in any elephant activity.
- AWE is a conservation conscious company and hopes to teach you more about elephant and the value of our natural resources, thus you may not book to do only a Safari or Swim without first familiarizing yourself with the elephants in a unique AWE hands-on interaction.
- Children U12 must be accompanied by an adult at interactions, Children U8 must be accompanied by an adult on Safaris. No U16 children on Swims.
Hands on interaction:
- Approximately 1 hour interaction.
- Age Restrictions: Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Recommendations: Comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen.
Safari on elephant back:
- Approximately 1 hour 20 minute(includes the hands on interaction).
- Age Restrictions: Minimum age of 4 years old, 4-12 years old must each be accompanied by an adult, 13 years old and above must have an adult at the facility during the Safari.
- Recommendations: Comfortable walking shoes, binoculars, hat, sunscreen.
Swim on elephant back:
- Subject to water levels and weather.
- Age Restrictions: 16 years and older.
- Recommendations: Swim costume, shorts and t-shirt to wear over swim costume, sunscreen, change of clothing, sandals/slops, hat. Towels are provided and showers are available at the Meet and Greet Centre after your swim.
Booking Terms and Conditions:
- These Terms and conditions apply to your contract with us. We believe that they are fair and clear. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY.
- Contact AWE reception to confirm elephant activities, rates, times and availability.
- AWE operates on a ‘first pay = first serve’ basis and only once we have received your payment in full will we secure your booking. Should you make a “provisional or pay on arrival ” booking through our bookings office you will be susceptible to availability of services and as a result may lose out on your space as “provisional” bookings will not be held until payment is received in full, and we will take paying customers over provisional customers as many provisional customers do not arrive to the detriment of potential customers. Walk-ins are accepted; however we cannot guarantee that they will be able to join in on an activity if it is already fully booked, or if the elephants are otherwise engaged.
- In order to make a payment you may pay via Electronic funds Transfer (EFT) or supply your Credit Card details via phone or a Credit Card Authorization Form is available for you to fill in and fax to Zebula at 014 734 7701, or it is possible to make an EFT payment.
- AWE Reception will charge your credit card and will call you to confirm your reservation and provide a sequence number for the transaction.
- Guests must provide proof of payment at Adventures With Elephants Meet and Greet centre upon arrival (Confirmation of booking email from AWE reception).
- If you earn a commission, please keep the proof of payments as they will be used to verify commissionable payments at the end of each month. Commissions will be made by the 5th of each following month.
- All guests must arrive for check-in at the Adventures with Elephants Meet and Greet Centre 30 minutes prior to their scheduled activity.
- Please be aware of the Cancellation and Refund Policy listed.
Cancellation and Refund policy:
- Please note that only cancellations received in writing will be accepted. (Please note the name and responsible position of the person you spoke to as well as the time and date of your call.)
- Please be aware that all elephant activities provided by AWE are subject to elephant behavior and or weather conditions, and that Adventures With Elephants reserve the right to cancel or alter elephant activities should we deem it necessary for elephant welfare, safety reasons or otherwise.
- Should AWE cancel an activity before it commences we will endeavor to reschedule your elephant activity or repay the whole amount.
- Should AWE cancel an elephant activity during the activity for safety reasons then AWE will repay 50% of the total amount.
- Should AWE or a guest cancel an elephant activity during the activity due to inclement weather then the guest will not be entitled to a refund.
- Should a guest be asked to leave AWE for misbehavior, drunkenness or otherwise they will not be entitled to a refund.
- Should a cancellation be received and confirmed prior to 48 hours of the commencement of the elephant activity, the payment will be refunded in full.
- Bookings cancelled within 48 hours of the commencement of the elephant activity will be charged 50% of the total cost.
- Bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the commencement of the elephant activity will be charged 100% of the total cost.
- No-shows will incur 100% of the total cost.
- Vouchers are valid for six months from the date of issue.
- Kindly contact our Adventure Centre booking office to make your booking or regarding any queries. Please present a copy of this voucher on arrival. This Voucher may not be transferred to any other entity or person and may not be exchanged for cash, General T&C’s apply.
- Card can only be stamped in store at the Adventure Centre or Adventures With Elephants once payment has been received.
- Loyalty Card only applies to interactions, no other activities such as swims, rides etc.
- May not be swapped for cash or any other stock items such as curios or photos.
- Each Adult and Child interaction will be stamped on the card. I.e. if you visit AWE with 3 Adults and 2 Children you will collect 5 stamps.
- The cheapest interaction will be given free once you get 10 stamps e.g. if you visit us again with 3 Adults and 2 children the tenth person will be considered at a child rate.
- Not to be used in conjunction with other offers, specials, previously agreed discounts and commissions.
- Feel free to share the card with friends and family.
- Once tenth stamp is collected and redeemed the card will be destroyed and a new blank card will be offered.
What to expect:
An honest mind-blowing experience, good company and great elephant!
Free parking, assorted tea, coffee and hot chocolate, stunning bathroom and shower facilities.
What to bring:
We suggest that you bring the following: Camera, hat, sunscreen, appropriate footwear. Card or cash for upgrades, drinks, snacks and curios. Warm clothes for winter and a torch for the Starlight safaris. Swimming activities require a swimming costume and old clothes to cover-up during the swimming and a change of clothes for after the swim. For your comfort it is advised to wear long trousers and closed shoes when riding and swimming.
We also have an in-house photographer who will take photographs of you throughout your whole experience, these photographs can be purchased afterward and are sold on a USB so you can immediately put them on your computer!
Level of Fitness and Ability:
We welcome all people of all fitness levels and people with disabilities, please be aware of the following: a decent sense of balance and upper body strength is a requirement on Safari and when swimming with the elephant. Overweight persons who cannot hold their own body weight should consider this when partaking in an elephant safari and swim. Although almost anyone can interact with the elephant, those with disabilities will be limited in the types of activities they can choose to do. If you are unsure, please mention your concerns to the receptionists when making your booking, or to the AWE management before you partake in an activity.